Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Significant Pain

I'm writing this from the ICU room and Liza is trying to lie still and quiet just about three feet from me. She has been in tremendous pain these past few hours and has remained brave and strong, although she has broken down in tears a few times. The trouble with tears though is that they only make the headache worse. The good news is, right now the pain seems to be a bit manageable, but we'll see for how long. Thus far the battle has been an every hour on the hour ordeal. We've also been told that the doctor ordered her some meds to help her relax and sleep through the night. That would be awesome. Pray for her pain and rest this night. Thank you all for fighting this battle with us. It looks like the chair I'm sitting in will be my bed for the night. I'm glad for that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scot
We are praying for you and for you sweet wife. My prayer is that the Lord be with you at this moment and that His Spirit remove any pain she feels and allow her to sleep well tonight. God bless you both.
"In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge...be my rock of refuge to which I can always go." Ps 71.1,3
Rusty

Anonymous said...

Scot, I was looking for you on the web when I found the blog. We're praying for Liza and you & our church will be praying as well. Your faith is a witness to us all.

Susan Bartram said...

Scot,

I just came home from our small group and I shared with our group about Liza. We prayed for her. I could not sleep last night...so I prayed for Liza all night. It is so amazing how God works. Even though I did not get any real sleep, I felt totally rested today. What an awesome God we serve.
We will continue to pray for Liza's pain to subside. We love you all and are trusting God for a full recovery. Hugs and Kisses, Susan, John & Katelyn

The Mankas said...

Scot - just wanted you to know that we are all praying that the doctor will find the meds that will relieve Liza's pain so that she (and you) can rest tonight. Stay strong and all of this will soon be a memory. We are all praying, praying, praying....

Love, Pam & Armand, Katie & Byron,
Jeff & Sarah and Nick

Lisa Veach said...

Praying for peace...praying for comfort...praying for sleep...