Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Best Friends

Tonight has traditionally been Liza and my small group night. We attend Faith Bible Church, formerly Faith Community Church, almost entirely because we were welcomed and loved by a small group of newly married couples. Out of that group came the small group we've been a part of now for a few years. They have quickly become our best friends, and their response to Liza's illness has been nothing short of extraordinary. They have invented ways to show their love for us. Although we haven't been to our Tuesday night time for some time now, I took Izzy and some freshly baked cookies over tonight to say how much we love them and how much we have missed our time together. This nucleus of couples, all with children about the same age, has meant the world to us. They have made us more like Christ and allowed us to grow and change in ways we never would have without them. I was just reflecting on all of this tonight. Liza and I can't wait to get back with them.

3 comments:

Kate Hillegeist said...

We love you, love you, love you. Are praying and walking with you. Missed you tonight Liza. Guys were so glad to see you and touch base for a moment, Scot. We are still praying and hoping for better less pain filled days sooooooooooooon!!! The Hills

Anonymous said...

Hey guys we have been reading the blog and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. I would love to help with the kids if you need it. I am not much of a cook so cleaning or babysitting are the best ways that I can help! :-) We love you and your whole family. Take care, Sharon
slarkworthy@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

I just found out about Liza - Scot - I'm so sorry that I didn't know. It's been a difficult time for us - STve and a heartattack and stroke and we're learning to deal with the lasting results of the stroke - but my sweetheart is alive and I am so blessed. I've been very spacey and out of the loop on things - forgive me for not knowing when I saw you yesterday before staff meeting.
Please know that you all are in my constantly thoughts and prayers - I love you dearly.
Becky