Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Beautiful Bride

I'm sitting here thinking about the time when Liza can read all these posts I've made and I'm wondering if she will agree - if I've said it accurately. One thing I'm sure of is that she'll think I minimized her agony and maximized her poise and strength. I'm not sure about that but I know that as I sit here just watching her doze in and out of sleep, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude to her, love for her, pride in her (the good kind), and hurt for her. I just wish I could take it all away. But I know also that she will be overwhelmed to see first hand all the love that you all are sharing. Your constant concern and consistent prayers have been a balm for our soul in this time - lovely medicine for our hearts. I, and on Liza's behalf, can't thank you enough.

One more thing about pain management. It's a tricky thing to do with brain surgery patients. The only symptoms of something major post-surgery are things that can't be seen if the patient is really doped up - i.e. change of personality, loss of consciousness, vision problems, etc. Therefore, they are alternating two pain killers and trying their best. I think they could be doing better and really wish they could just take it all away, but I also know this is a touchy situation and only temporary. As much as it hurts me to see her hurt...I just don't know what else to say.

She's snoring right now. Awesome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liza,
I am so glad the surgery went so well. Know that I am thinking about you and praying for you all! I know you will get better in no time because you are so strong and brave. May the peace and comfort of God flow over you! Hope to see you all soon. "This too, shall pass"

Love,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Scot,
You have a beautiful family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife during this trying time in your life.
Grace and Peace,
J.J. Newberry Opiela

Anonymous said...

Beautiful snores. Scot I'm sure Liza will be blessed by all you've written - and of course it is from your point of view. She might have a slightly different one, but that's okay. The blog is a way for you to express your thoughts, keep a record of what happened and also a wonderful way for other people to be with you. Waiting and not knowing is frustrating, but this has been something friends and family all over the world can turn to, find the latest news and feel part of the whole situation and that helps people to pray. God bless you both.
Aunty Janine in Oz