Saturday, October 27, 2007

From the Bed to the Chair

Liza said that today was rough. The pain on the left side of her neck and head is quite difficult to describe. She said it feels like nerve damage. Just left along, the sensation is not bad although the headache is ever present. But just the lightest touch or stroke of the hair sends shooting pain over the front of her head. It's difficult for me to imagine just how strange and uncomfortable that is.

She spent most of the day between the bed and the chair in the living room, which is just what I want her to do. Today she obliged. The kids are starting to show signs of confusion at Mommy's new limitations and maybe a bit of rebellion or acting out. We're not freaking out yet and we've got amazing help when we need it. We think normality is coming...maybe not as soon as Liza would like, but it is coming. (The pic is our kids with my brother Travis.)

2 comments:

Janine C said...

Don't they all look cute, sitting there together.

Janine C said...

My scripture for the day just arrived in my inbox. You can share it with me, Liza.
'I lift up my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.'
Psalm 121:1-2