Saturday, October 13, 2007

Little man is on the way...

In her own words, Liza "slept better, but was in some pretty severe pain." She elected to not be woken up from a good sleep to take the alternating round of meds. That would give her closer to four hours of solid sleep rather than about 1 and 1/2. It worked for sleep, but the pain was back up to an 8 (on a scale of 10) when we finally got the alternation down again.

We've got our Jamaican nurse back again - except she's not Jamaican. Sorry. She's from Cameroon, in Western Africa. I think it was my lack of sleep that failed my Henry Higgins' sensibilities. She's been very pleasant and helpful this morning as we try to get back on top of the pain.

Dr. Comair is out today so Dr. Fox is the resident that is tending to our floor. He came in this morning already, but was kind of like a tornado. He made some noise and left Liza dizzy and frustrated. He was just not quite as gentle as Dr. Comair. So...I guess we'll chalk that up as confirmation of our choice of doctors.

Liza has still been very brave and strong through this whole thing. Her mom is bringing Andrew, our 3 year old son, down for a quick visit. He'll stay to say hi to mommy, make her smile, and then I'll take him back home so that I can get cleaned up a bit. Pray that this little visit goes well and doesn't backfire on us into a meltdown.

5 comments:

Kate Hillegeist said...

Good morning!! We are sitting here with the babies reading the latest posts. SO glad you got a walk. I am sure that was immensely painful. No one can know for sure, but you. I am also glad that you are honest about the pain level, keep it up! LOVE YOU , The Hills

Kathy Weddel said...

Dear, sweet Liza - Our prayers continue for our awesome heavenly Father to touch your body and bring complete healing, with no more pain! In Jesus' precious name - AMEN!! I imagine your visit with your beautiful son will be sweet and tender. What a special blessing! Scot, thank you so much for your faithful updates on the blog! God bless each of you! - Kathy and Lanny Weddel

Anonymous said...

Liza and Scot,

I just got an email from Lizzie this morning about the blog and the surgery. I read through every single post and cannot imagine what you have gone through in such a short period of time. I am in awe of the way that God has been meeting you in each moment of this whole process, and I am so grateful to Him that He is so tender toward each of us. Parker and I just moved to Boston (he started the MDiv program at Gordon-Conwell in September), and we've kind of been going through some small trials of our own related to our housing. Anyway, the reason I share this is that there are a couple of promises that I have been claiming, and I am now praying them for you as well:

"those who hope in me will not be disappointed." (Isaiah 49:23)

"you will know that I have done nothing in it without cause, declares the Sovereign Lord." (Ezekiel 14:23)

I wish so much that you and your family did not have to go through this ... I really don't know how else to say it. Know that I miss you both and am praying for you. Thank you for living this thing out in front of us that the world may know He is God and He is faithful.

Love you guys,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

My dearest favorite auntie Liza-
Daddy and Mommy have started to teach me about prayer, and I want you to know that I love you and am praying for you even in my dreams. I am coming to visit you today with mommy and daddy and big brother Dylan. I can't wait to see you and hope you are well.
Love, Zander

Anonymous said...

Hi, Liza and Scot,

I continue to check in on posts regularly to be able to pray for up-to-the-minute requests! Liza, I cannot imagine the pain you are bearing. I realize that you will never forget that you had pain -- nor should you -- but I am praying that God will take them memory of the pain itself away when this is all over. And of course, I continue to pray for your endurance through this healing process and relief from the pain. Press on, friend!

Scot, I know your faithfulness, gentleness, and love for your wife has touched her during this time. You remind me very much of Greg -- and I cannot describe to you the balm that it is to me to have him near when I've been in pain. I'm so glad you've been able to be with her so constantly through this time. I do hope you've had a good shower and rest this afternoon, though -- you need that! I'm praying that you will feel rejuvenated.

Love, Michelle