Monday, October 15, 2007

Rough day

As I'm writing this Liza is trying to relax and go to sleep. About an hour ago she was in immense pain and in her own words "every part of my body hurts." She was a bit nauseous and couldn't even 'stomach' the thought of more pills. She took them anyway, with a chaser of soggy Cheerios, and hopefully the pain is subsiding. She did get two fairly good naps today and managed to sleep in, so she is resting. However, the quality of sleep and rest is sub-par. Please continue to pray. I expected this to be the hardest part. The monsoon rain outside seemed to mirror the weather in our home. Liza is very strong, and while her strength is showing, it takes quite a bit to handle what she has to endure. And I think she's doing quite well.

On another note, Andrew, our oldest, will start school tomorrow! We've been trying to get into a stellar program here in The Woodlands and a spot opened up last week. We jumped on it and I will be taking him at 9:00 in the morning. Liza is very sad that she can't take him there but we're all very excited for Andrew. He is excited too.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I stumbled onto your blog after updating mine and I have been touched by your story. I will pray for Liza and your family. God is so good and can do more than we could ever imagine. Your blog is a beautiful map of your journey and your faith. Thank you for putting it out there!

Anonymous said...

Family is important, even though we don't see each other much. We may be on the other side of the world, but God has bound us together and our job is to support one another. lots and lots of love. Janine

Anonymous said...

Is Andrew going to what we call Preschool? That is really exciting! I hope he loves it. Will Izzy miss him? Lets see more photos of the babies, please. I never get enough. love Janine