Wednesday, October 3, 2007

More on benefit, Less on finances

We were not able to get a hold of anyone today to talk about the financial side of our imminent hospital stay. We will call our Nurse Practitioner, Shirley, in the morning. She has been very helpful and patient with us.

We are also being overwhelmed with the love and support of our family and friends as to the upcoming benefit concert to help with finances. Liza's mom Sonja, the ballet school, our small group from church, and many others are busy organizing and planning. The love that is being shown to us is indescribable and overwhelming...did I say overwhelming? This love and concern has been a refreshing and welcomed "warm blanket" for Liza as she faces the upcoming operating room. She is nervous and a little frightened, but she is showing outstanding resolve and faith. I can literally see her trusting God. The love and concern shown to us in these last few weeks has bolstered her trust in God and faith in the church. Thank you.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

cott,
If you get a chance ask if Liza will be on any anti-seizure medications after the surgery. If so ask if they plan on sending her home on any. This was a major issue that endend up sending me back into the hospital for a few days.

Liza,
My heart truely hurts for you as I can very much relate to your situation. Tiffany and Tanner were one and two when I had my surgery so I know the pain of entrusing my babies to others while I heal. Although there are incredible people to help, I know that pain. I am praying for a peace that passes all understanding over you guys. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers several times a day as this one hits close to home. You got a prayer warrior over here! I love you all and will definitely be checking out those sign ups. Hang in there. Help is comming!

Scot Pollok said...

Will do- already on my list to talk to the doctor about.
Thanks.

brandon said...

Scot,

This is the first we have heard about Liza's condition. I am sorry we haven't called or written you. I don't need to tell you how special your family is to us. Although many miles separate us, we are with you in this. We will be praying and are trusting our Lord to be present, to guide, and to comfort you.

Our love to Liza and the kids.

Brandon, Alison, and Ava Frenzel

cherie foster colburn said...

scot & liza,
know that that incense before the throne on your behalf will become a very familiar, fragrant perfume in the next few weeks!

and let sonja know I'd love to help get things for the auction.