Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Continued Progress

Somebody out there has been praying for Liza...we can tell. This evening has been, well...pretty great. Liza got to take another shower, which makes some of you think "so what," but is a feat in and of itself. We changed the dressing on her head again, but left the airtight dressing alone on her leg. She came outside a bit today and watched the kids play, see the picture. We also have a post-op appointment scheduled for Friday morning at 8:45 with Dr. Comair. We are anxious to see him again and 'officially' chart Liza's progress and get the opportunity to ask questions about the pain and other sensations she's feeling on her left side. So far we've been chalking it up to swelling in the brain and neck area, which Dr. Tornado suggested was the cause the day we checked out of the hospital. We were also able to help a new friend of ours, who also has a Chiari malformation. Hopefully she will be able to see Dr. Comair for a consult soon. Liza's mum went back to teaching this week and is still working with all the volunteers that are preparing for the benefit concert for Liza, November 9. My mother is still here and working like a slave. The kids adore her and I think she's loving it too, despite all the work. That's about it, except for my large Hebrew exam tomorrow night. Keep praying for Liza please (and only after that, the Hebrew exam...). Blessings.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to COW! We have been praying for Liza and your precious family, and feel blessed to have Andrew among us. We will continue to pray for Liza's complete healing and freedom from pain, and for the day she can bring Andrew to school herself!
Laurie Galiunas
P.S. We will also pray about the Hebrew exam!

Anonymous said...

i love you miss Liza i hope you feel better, love Alison Ritz :) xo

Janine C said...

Scot, I'll be praying for you in the exam. Give our love to your wonderful mother, please, and a big hug for her too. I've had friends visiting me today and they sat and read through your blog, right back to the beginning and were really blessed by your words. Praying for Liza, always
Janine

Anonymous said...

Praying for you sweet friend. Can't wait to see your face....missing you like crazy! Hope today is a good day....praying for the pain to subside and for you to have a few good naps. We love you "sista".

Anonymous said...

Hey Liza and Scot,
I am happy to see you have been doing well for the most part. I continue to pray to pray for you and the kids and "Mamaw".I know Lanelle is loving it also. I'm happy Andrew is loving school. That makes things easier sometimes. Give everyone a big kiss and hug from David and Me. We love ya'll.
Blessings,Jochelle

Anonymous said...

I don't personally now either of you but my best friend takes dance at Excellcier. Where I heard the story. I have seen many of the dances and have loved them. I have been praying along with our church I will continue to pray for the pain to reduce as much as possible. God bless.

Rachel said...

I just found out about Liza this morning. I will be praying for her and your whole family. You all hold a special place in my heart.
With love,
Rachel Moore

John Alexander said...

been praying for you guys. Andrew, AWESOME BIKE! You'll have to think about riding the MS150 with me next year, you look ready! Scot, good luck on the hebrew exam, speaking of hebrew, I saw that guy driving the Israel car (with the "ark" foil trailer) on Harvey this morning. I remember you talking about him when we were in C.S. long ago. Love you guys.

Rob Linda Rachael Robert Kase said...

Dear Scot, Liza, Andrew and Isabel, You are in our thoughts and prayers! We pray for complete healing and for all of the daily-ness that is required right now! Rachael misses the ballet school, but we will keep posted through your well-written blog! Liza, beautiful girl, know GOD hears our prayers and loves you soo much as well as do so many others! We are praying for each of you! Much love in Christ,

Anonymous said...

My school has been praying for Liza's healing, and the post-op check up tomorrow. All the dances Liza coreographed are coming along beautifuly, and are improving by the minute. Have a blessed weekend!!

Megan McGee said...

continuing to pray for you guys...scot, tonight as i was at my college math class taking an exam you kept coming to mind and i kept praying for your test. so if i don't get a good grade i'm gonna blame it on the fact i was pre-occupied praying for you! ;) just kidding, hope that you aced it! :) *hugs*