Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pollok family day

Early this morning, as I was leaving for a half-day of school, Liza said last night was "better," but she still was disturbed by significant pain in her head and neck, which has continued throughout the day. We also think the kids are getting a bit sick, but as of now it's probably just minor coughs and sniffles.

My mom, Lanelle, and my brother Travis, and his fiance Brittany, are all with the kids today. They did some fun things to take the pressure off of mom. She was able to get a little sleep and rest. I took off of school early and we had a fun afternoon and evening playing outside, working on some projects, and telling stories. It was a simple and fun Pollok day (we missed my father as he is at home receiving radiation). Although Liza will stay at home, myself and the kids are looking forward to seeing our church family tomorrow. Pray for us also as my mom, and the biggest and most consistent help we've had for the last two weeks, leaves tomorrow to return to work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just happened to listen to Psalm 28 online this week-it was such a blessing and encouragement to watch. To sit and be silent-what a foreign idea. And to know that God hears-that He is my strength-a concept I constantly need to be reminded of. Thank you for taking the time to come to Breakaway and share with me and my fellow Aggies.

The Pollok family is in my prayers as recovery continues. You guys are amazing and have such and impact on those who surrond you.

Jenny Cunningham

(And your family is beautiful-but I am sure you hear that all the time)

Anonymous said...

i've been praying for you.
i can't wait to see your face again
Amy Irwin

Unknown said...

Hello Liza,
Micheala and I have been praying for you since we got the news. I know that God will make you totally well, because you have always been such a blessing to everyone. Keep believing in that and keep getting better! Micheala sends her love.
Richard McCray and Micheala

Anonymous said...

Hi, Scot and Liza,

Greg and I are just back this afternoon from our trip to the Northeast. Internet connections were scattered and unreliable, but I checked posts whenever I could. We prayed for you as we traveled across Conneticut, New Jersey, and New York! :) Anyway, I'm glad to hear the pain appears to be explained by normal post-op. sort of stuff, and of course we'll continue praying in that direction. Hang in there, Liza!

Love,
Michelle