Thursday, November 29, 2007

Only God

Liza said tonight that she has taken more medication for pain today than she has in a long while. She needed to do that because she has been attempting more activity (and has been forced to fend off two beautiful kids by herself several times this week). She will have another massage therapy appointment tomorrow to continue trying to regain her range of motion. Her dance company and other students will be ministering in Spring this weekend and have a part in a local fundraiser at McCullough High School on Saturday. As things start to pick up I've seen both a new spark and a new fatigue in my lovely bride. Please continue to pray for her.

The Lord Jesus has been so sweet to us recently, giving us several unforgettable moments with our children. I've had several "conversations" with Izzy and Andrew both and they have been learning and experiencing many new things lately. It has truly been a precious time for us all. In fact, I think the single most prevalent and noteworthy emotion or attitude that I've had for a good time now is gratitude. I am so grateful that God is a good God who loves to rescue his children out of difficult situations. I am also so grateful for the hundreds, if not thousands, or people who have personally helped us and prayed for us in this time. I don't think I will ever get over (nor do I want to) how much they have impacted me these last few months. There are many times in the day when my inner words fail me as I think about them. Only a God like this can bring beauty out of suffering. Only Jesus can bring life out of the grave. Only our God can make someone grateful for a tragedy. Many blessings.

2 comments:

kelli ellen kurtz said...

Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life... Who can of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?" Luke 12:22, 25-26

Scot, Liza and family,
We continue to pray and think about you daily. May God rescue you from your troubles and your pain. May your rest comfortably and find time with each other and the children priceless. May God's love wrap around the four of you closely and keep you warm and safe.

kelli

Janine C said...

You are so right, Scot. What a wonderful God we have - if all he ever did for us was give us our salvationn, that would be more than enough BUT he is there with us each day, as you said, helping his children out of trouble. We are always closer to God in our needs and they are precious times. Much love to you all, Aunty Janine