Sunday, November 11, 2007

Coming down

It's so good to still hear the excitement and enthusiasm in Liza's voice even today. I'm still in California (speak twice more today, once tomorrow, then home). I called her briefly to check in and she sounds like the old Liza.

We have talked a little about the personal repercussions of the benefit concert. She said that her passion for dance and teaching has been renewed and she has a new drive to get back to the studio and back on the floor. That is great, but it will still be a while and she knows that. I'm so very happy that she has been given a new motivation because of the love our church and friends. I think that's part of the reason for the change I can hear over the phone.

She even feels like she was physically healed a little during the concert, especially when she got up on stage and spoke. She can remember saying a simple thank you to God, the Great Physician, and Restorer, and a thank you to all that attended and have helped our family. She is adamant about NOT ever speaking in public, so that moment was a very big deal for her. In was in that brief encounter that she began to feel better physically. Although she was quite worn out later that night and is still, she felt God directly answer the many prayers that are being offered on behalf of her healing. God is definitely good. And for continually asking Him to show His great goodness to my wife, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Coming down off the "high" of the concert will be a new beginning of determined progress and strength for Liza. I can't wait to get home and hold her again.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

When we prayed backstage before the concert, I felt God's Spirit all around us and in us. And after talking to some of the girls, I know I wasn't the only one. It doesn't surprise me that Liza felt healing while she was speaking. That night was definitely a "God thing."

Love,
Rachel Moore