Sunday, November 4, 2007

Rough Day

In her own words, Liza "did too much today." She did sleep well last night and got another 3+ hours while we were at church (which was interesting since we were unaware of the time change). But after that, she spent a little too much time outside with the kids. Two new houses are going up just across the street and it's simply too tempting for our children. So she walked across the street to just keep an eye on them. That proved to be a little too much. Since then she's been just trying to be still. Her head and neck have been aching and she's very tired. We spent our anniversary dinner with Chinese take-out at our dining room table with kids on either side of us. It wasn't as magical as we'd hoped. The spicy chicken was very good though.

Tomorrow we go to see Dr. Comair and Shirley again for another post-op visit. We are hoping to get the go-ahead on picking up the children and that the graft/seal in the neck incision is good-to-go. We are also hoping for further and more general confidence and reassuring that everything Liza is experiencing is normal or better than normal. Every time we come away from these visits we are encouraged, so we're praying for more of the same. The ride to and from is also pretty rough for Liz, please keep that in your prayers if you think about it. We will be leaving about noon. I'll post again when we get back. Much love till then.

2 comments:

khunton said...

Hey Scot and Pollok Family,
Not sure if you remember me - I think I started school at A&M by the time you started at the TWUMC. I was good friends with Shelley Swan and married Stephen Hunton (Patty Hunton's older brother) I live in Atlanta now, but my parents keep me updated with The Woodlands happenings. I was so saddened to hear about Liza's health condition and the trial your sweet family has been through. It's amazing how God can use a blog to share a person's faith and the hope you have in the One who is Good. I just wanted you to know I will be praying for you 4 and especially for Liza. Your children are so beautiful! Peace and comfort to you! Love, The Huntons

khunton said...

Forgot to leave my name (that would probably help). Hope it went well today!
Kristine (Deyoe) Hunton