Saturday, November 10, 2007

Beautiful Night

Well, I'm writing from a cabin at the top of a mountain in Crest Line, California, at Thousand Pines Christian Camp. It's 43 degrees outside right now and getting colder. I'm here to speak at a high school student retreat, a trip on which Liza was originally scheduled to come. Of course, plans changed quickly in the last few months.

I spoke to Liza on the phone a couple of hours ago and she said immediately, "tonight was awesome." Many more people attended the benefit concert than any of us expected. What a blessing! She also said that her company was amazing. "My girls were more beautiful than ever. They just worshipped." It made my heart glad to hear the excitement in her voice, even though she said that her body was convulsing. She got home after 10:00 and she left the house a little after 6:00. Four hours is a long time for her relatively fragile state. She was in a large amount of pain and said she felt like she had Parkinson's disease because her body was literally shaking all over. Thus, our conversation was not long-winded, but the enthusiasm and encouragement in her voice was unmistakable. I'm so very thankful and glad that Liza could see how many people love her and are touched by her life and ministry. I'm sure her special choreography was moving and inspiring to all that were there. I'm looking forward to adding some pictures and possibly some video in upcoming posts.

Thank you all for your prayers for tonight, and many of you for coming and supporting my wife and family. Below is the letter that my good friend Tray read in my stead.

Dear Friends,

I’m afraid my feeble vocabulary fails me as I try to convey the amount of gratitude Liza and I, and our whole family, have for you all. Your generous support, loving prayers, and presence here tonight are a beautiful testimony to the love of Jesus Christ expressed in his body, the church. We have been overwhelmed with humility as our peers, our church family, and even our students have served us in this difficult time. For this reason, amidst all of the pain and suffering that Liza’s endured, we have come to a place of thankfulness even for the trial itself, because we have been able to experience the deep love that you all have shown. Liza still has a hard road ahead of her as she struggles through physical therapy and labors to return to her teaching position and to the dance floor. For that continued trial we again covet your prayers.

More than anything, I sincerely wish that I could be here tonight and personally verbalize my appreciation and love to your all. I want to shake your hands and hug your necks and show you how much you’ve meant to us. But this feeble letter will have to suffice for this occasion. Again, thank you. May God richly bless you for all you’ve done and are doing for my lovely wife and family. May you be deeply touched by what you experience tonight and above all, may our Good God be blessed.

With all love,
Scot Pollok and family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Liza it was so good to see you yesterday. all the dances at the benefit were beautiful. The pianist was wonderful. i'm still praying for you.
Amy.I. :)

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Liza it was so good to see you yesterday. all the dances at the benefit were beautiful. The pianist was wonderful. i'm still praying for you.
Amy.I. :)

Anonymous said...

oops i think i sen't that message twice.
Amy I

Anonymous said...

Last night was so INCREDIBLE! I love you guys so much! Thank you Liza for being such an amazing blessing in our lives! I hope we were able to capture your heart and prayers in the movements you gave us... hugs and kisses... jenni

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to make it last night. It was so amazing how the Lord moved last night! I'm really glad that you were there to see and experiance it. Thank you so much for all you've done for us and so many people! Love you! ...Dawn