Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Day I Married Liza

Seven years ago today was our wedding day. I actually remember it quite vividly. It rained the day before and the morning of and the parking lot of the church was partially under water. I remember the doors opening in the back of the church and the vision that Liza was on that day. I honestly think I almost had cardiac arrest. With the 1000 plus people in attendance, it was an incredible day being surrounded by our dear friends and family. The seven years since that day have flown by, but have been adventurous. We have ministered the gospel together, traveled a bit of the world (the pic is from a trip to Italy many years ago), we've almost lost two brothers, adopted a son, gave birth to a daughter, and began school again. We still laugh and giggle and wrestle like we did when we were dating (although a bit less) except our relationship has grown much deeper and more sure. My wife is a remarkable individual, which many of you reading this know first hand. If you don't, I hope you have the opportunity to get to know her. She is the best mother and wife I know and is also one of the most talented artists I've ever seen. My love, admiration, trust, and devotion to Liza is constantly growing, sometimes in unexpected situations...like brain surgery. Of course we've also gone through that together. Actually we still are, I guess. But I am still looking forward to many more adventures with my gorgeous partner.

Liza will stay home again today from church while I take the kids. That is getting very old so we are looking forward to her joining us again as soon as she feels able. She was nervous about being able to sleep tonight because she slept so poorly last night. We'll see how that goes. Izzy just woke up crying (2:00 AM) and I rocked her back to sleep. I don't often get to do that so I quite like holding my little girl and snuggling. I just wish she'd pick a better hour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy annaversery.
im still praying your family.
amy irwin.

Kate Hillegeist said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! So great. We would have told you that earlier, but we didn't know! Anyway, we are still here thinking of, praying for, wondering about.... you. How things are progressing. We are so thankful for the blog, because we know you can't just chat it up. We miss you Liza, I do friend. We are looking forward to this week's event so excited to see all of it come together. Have you feel the love of God pour over you in this tangible expression. Praying regarding the new ways the pain shows up on you, and for the headaches to continue to lessen in intensity and frequency. For you appt tomorrow with Dr C. and the MRI to show good things. LOVE YOU SWEET GIRL, and happy b-day to the young sweet girl! How can it be already that she is 2. Nutty! Love to you, Kate, for the Hills

Janine C said...

What a lovely tribute to your beautiful wife, Scot. Liza must blessed by your thoughtfulness and compassion and your willingness to share.