Thursday, November 8, 2007

Physical Therapy #1

Liza just told me, from the pitch blackness of our bedroom, that she was "overall, encouraged today." A doctor friend came over and shared her expertise with Liza as they gently worked on the range of motion in her neck. They took it easy, but it still affected Liza, which I guess is understandable. She also shared with Liza the simple fact that her neck, spinal cord and brain have been through a huge trauma. It takes a while to come back from something like that because the spinal fluid, the spinal cord, and all the nerves that come out of the cord are getting acquainted with more space and an increased ability to function properly. So even though right now Liza's "whole body is throbbing" and she has pins and needles in her hands and feet, she is still encouraged. We are still hoping that all of these symptoms are directly related to the healing process, which will take months. Please continue to pray that Liza will be able to sleep deeply, solidly, peacefully, and undisturbed by noises, worries, pain, numbness, etc., so that she can be as involved and blessed by the next few days as possible. Thank you all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you! We can't wait to see you completely healed and back at dance. Luv ya!
In Christ,
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Your coreography is beautiful, and I think it has at one point, brought us to tears (at least for me =)). I cant wait to see you!!
-Marian Bayer

Anonymous said...

HI Liza, Scott, and beautiful children. I have been praying for you! I pray that Liza would be able to heal quickly, and be able to go back to serving her family and Dance Studio. May God be with you every step of this long road. He is doing a great work in you.
Love you guys!
-Annie:)

Janine C said...

The excitement of the big night will be building. Have a wonderful time, everyone. love Janine

Amanda Cassidy said...

WOW...Liza, let me just start by saying what an amazing person I think you are. To take all the crap that satan has thrown at you and your family over the years and overcome it (like brushing dirt of your shoulders)... it's absolutely incredible! I mean seriously, who choreographs multiple dances the week before brain surgery...? Tears fill my eyes because you, of all people, don't deserve any of this... and through it all God is glorified! I love you so much and everything you stand for...such an inspiration! Scot, your doing such a great job... I feel you guys on the constant sickness and ear infections of 2 year olds...Cael is on his fifth ear infection in 3 months...I'll be praying for healing throughout your home. We will be there to support you guys on Friday night!
Lots of love,
Amanda, Will, and baby Cael

Carrie said...

We too are praying for you guys. For peace, physical comfort and steady hope.

Brad and Carrie Vaughn

Tim & Nancy in Beijing said...

Liza, A BIG YES! AND AMEN! for the encouragement! Keep it there and I'm praying God will continue to fan the flame! I'm petitioning for that "sudden" healing during the Friday night Worship Service in honor of you; but, truly in honor of HIS glorious name! I'm aso putting in for a "sudden" healing for my precious one as well! God is truly DIVINE! Love you, Nancy