Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Night Off

Andrew went to preschool again today and had a huge Thanksgiving party. Liza, Izzy and my parents went to be with him. I, unfortunately, was stuck at work, deep in the weeds. He had a wonderful time and told me all about it when I got home. His school and teachers are truly outstanding and we are so blessed to have been able to get him in this year.

I was supposed to work a double today, but since one of our wonderful and regular sitters was sick, I called in between shifts and my boss gave me the night off. What a treat. I took the kids grocery shopping and then made dinner while we playing and enjoyed just being the four Polloks again. Liza was still too weary to get up and go to our small group, which met tonight. Oh, how we long to get back to them soon.

Generally speaking, Liza had a relatively good day although she was not able to take a nap. This has been one of the few days since surgery that she wasn't able to catch at least one. I've noticed that the spark the concert started in her is still there. She's laughing more and planning on returning to the studio tomorrow for a short time to walk through a dance. Can you believe that? I'm so proud of her, yet a bit worried at the same time. She'll just have to take it slow and listen to her body. Pray for that, please. I also thought you'd like to see my bride speaking in public (She was in horrendous pain at that moment and simply hates the picture). It was a landmark moment for her and one of the proudest moments I've had in my marriage. And I wasn't even there. Many blessings.

2 comments:

kelli ellen kurtz said...

Godspeed to Liza today at the studio. Our thoughts and prayers are continually with you even though the distance separates our lives. How beautiful is the probability of "normalcy" in your life!! Your writing, trials, and witnessing has touched the lives of many beyond. God bless.

Tim & Nancy in Beijing said...

Liza, Don't despise the picture--you are standing up being a witness of a sudden healing and satan has LOST HIS POWER! It is more of that sudden Healing Power right in the process! Hang on to that hope and encouragement that you have and I'm praying for the Holy Spirit to keep fanning the flame! Take it easy, though. Don't get caught up in the trap of perfection....God makes all things beautiful in His time! I would recommend you blow the picture up to an 8 x 10 and set it out where all can see! Love ya', Nancy R.