Monday, November 12, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I was greeted at the door by my two beautiful kids just before 9:00 PM this evening. It is a joy to see them and my bride again. The kids and I ate a late dinner together and laughed so much that the others in the house told us to be quiet. My parents are still here and have been helping in tremendous ways during my absence. Unfortunately, they have to leave tomorrow.

My time away was very fruitful but taxing because of the circumstances. I hated to be away from my family at this time but fell in love with the students I served in southern California. They were outstanding young men and women indeed. I am still praying that our Good Lord blesses the things we discussed this weekend and the experiences that we all had. I think we all felt that He met us up on top of that mountain. Thank you all again for your prayers for me and my family while we were separated. I'm looking forward to catching up in the next few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear, dear, Liza,
I continue to check the blog, rejoice with you, ache with you, and pray for you. I cannot fathom what your body is going through, and I have only a small idea of the patience it requires to lay on the couch and feel like you're parenting from the sidelines. I am so very thankful, though, that the concert and the last few days have brought an upswing in everything! The concert was truly amazing, and I think I probably echo the thoughts of many when I say it was an honor to be even a small part of the evening. Thank you for once again directing our attention to our Father, strong and yet tender, invisible to the naked eye yet ever-present in our lives. It is so amazing to be able to watch art happen, to hear musicians play and watch dancers leap. And though we the audience may not be participating in the acts themselves, something deep within us resonates . . . and we are reminded that there is something more, something bigger, something better than anything this world has to offer. You, in so many ways, continue to be a reminder of that something, and of that Someone who has designed everything good.
Still watching and praying . . .
Love,
Michelle