Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Back to the Studio

Liza actually went back to the studio today for several hours. Believe it or not, she actually walked through a dance just to try to get back into the swing of things. She has felt so encouraged and motivated by the benefit concert that she longs to get back to dancing. She actually did not fare too badly afterwards either. My boss offered me another night off because there were too many servers scheduled and I gladly took the kids on a mall-date so mom could rest. I jumped at the chance, even though work is a priority for us, because I've really been longing for more personal time with Izzy and Andrew. Liza is reading now in bed with a pounding headache, waiting for the meds to kick in. I think she is still feeling a tiny bit stronger every day - slow progress.

I also wanted to add this picture to the blog so you could see the many long hours of work by our small group in action. This is a picture of the silent auction area during intermission at the benefit, which was held at the beautiful Woodlands United Methodist Church. Together with our church, Faith Bible Church, and of course the wonderful Ballet School there were scores of individuals working hard on our behalf. Our small group, the greatest collection of couples in the world, organized and managed this area with tremendous success, thanks also to all of the donations, which were mostly from the Ballet School. I think each class made a basket - and they were amazing. And Sonja, Liza's mum, also worked tirelessly on the production and pretty much everything else. The concert would not have happened without her and the Ballet School, that is certain (Sonja has even been teaching all of Liza's classes!) When I first opened this picture, all I saw was love in action. Liza and I had fun trying to recognize the hundred plus people in the photo. Again, many thanks and blessings to all who attended and those who were there in spirit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scot and Liza,

I read your blogs all the time and I wanted to thank you for them. Your family's story is so inspiring and has really touched me personally. I pray for ya'll often and will keep doing so! Your amazing faith and hope really give me strength.

-Lindsey Kirkendall

Janine C said...

Well done, Liza. God is good. Love and hugs and kisses from Aunty Janine

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you got to go back to the studio and felt strong enough to walk through the dance. I know I don't have to tell you not to overdue it. We want you around for a long time!! And we want you completely healed! I praise God for what he's done in you already!

With love,
Rachel Moore