Sunday, January 6, 2008

Still Fighting

I'm sorry it has been a while since we've posted. We are enjoying the break from school and the ballet school. It has been a great time with family, and a noticeable break from physical therapy. Liza didn't go for the whole week of Christmas, as I said before, and she's only been a few times since. She has more lined up for this week, but she has noticed a difference. Her range of motion has regressed a bit and her stiffness has increased. She is determined to see it through and continue, with a possible change of plan a bit. She's been seeing two therapists, alternating between them. One focuses on the muscles and nerves, the other focuses on range of motion. She is thinking of switching to a different therapist for her range of motion work.

I've been taking it easy, having just about a week left before school starts up again. I've been working a lot at the restaurant and getting all of the jobs done around the house that have been put off. I've got another busy week ahead of me, but without the added pressure of school for just a bit longer. This coming Spring semester will be my penultimate semester before I graduate in December of this year with my Masters of Theology. We are all very excited. It's quite a long program at 120 hours, but I've loved every second.

The kids are doing well. Izzy had her second ear tube surgery a few weeks ago and seems to be doing very well. Andrew's preschool has started back up although he didn't attend the first day. They have been loving the holiday break as well, eating too much candy and staying up too late. But that's what the holidays are for.

We are still encouraged by all the comments and are consistently blessed by your prayers and well wishes. Thank you all again and many blessings in this new year. May the LORD draw you close this year and take you to heights and depths you never expected. Liza and I are reading through the Bible together this year and invite you to think about joining us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are still praying for your family.
the Irwins

Nathan & Christina St. Michel said...

You are in our prayers as well. "Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand...For I the Lord hold your right hand; it is I who say to you "Do not fear, I will help you"" Isaiah 41:10, 13. We are praying for continued perserverence for you all. You have really glorified God through this blog.
the st. michels (Becky Saltzmans sister et. al)

Anonymous said...

Love to you all from Australia. Liza, you need to work on the movement in your neck, I hope you can find the right therapist. I'm praying that God will continue to guide your steps along this raod to recovery. much love from Aunty Janine

Elna said...

Dear Liza and Scott

Just looking out my window and I can't help thinking of you two and your sweet little family. The snow has fallen all day and lays heavy on the branches. How I wish you were here and we were heading for the ski-hill! The snow scene is so beautiful.... just like Liza,so pure and soft.

Praying for you - always Elna