Monday, January 21, 2008

Change of Roles

Well, the Polloks have had an eventful week or so. Liza has gone from receiver of care to care-giver in our household. I came down with what I thought was a sinus infection early last week. I tried to eat right and drink right and sleep right in order to get over it. I thought it was working when on Thursday, for some unknown reason, it blew up. I could barely walk on Friday and Saturday and Sunday. Liza has been bravely picking up the slack. Our wonderful doctor called in some emergency antibiotics for me and I am just this morning beginning to feel better. I think it's the flu because I feel like I've been in a car accident.

Well, as things would go, it seems that Andrew has picked it up as well. He's battling a fever and a cough, as is Izzy. They have a doctor's appointment later today just to get on top of things. All the while Liza has been getting up with the kids, cooking, cleaning, and serving the sick in our home. She has been wonderful.

Enough of this sob story...we're doing just fine. Liza hasn't been feeling all that well but currently she is at the doctor as well. This time it's back to her old family doctor she hasn't seen since the beginning of our marriage. Hopefully she can suggest some other things Liza can be doing to help her nerves heal and the therapy process move along.

I have started another semester of school and have been speaking more frequently. By the grace of God I made all A's last semester and after this one only have one more to go...hopefully.

Please continue to pray for the little ones and Liza as we all battle to return to health. Right now the kids are eating lunch on a mattress in a huge pop-tent in the middle of the living room. I promised I'd join them so I'd better go. Many blessings and much thanks.

UPDATE - Scot - flu; Andrew - flu; Izzy - croup; and Liza - getting a bit worse. Wow, when it rain it pours, yeah? But despite the difficulties, God is still being infinitely gracious and good to us. We are loving each other, still laughing, and trying to sleep as much as we can.

1 comment:

Kaitlin L. said...

We're praying for you guys (along with the Sanders', who also seemed to all get the flu this past week)!