Monday, June 16, 2008

Like Mother Like Daughter

Although she eats a lot like her father, little Izzy is all mommy's girl. Lately she's been talking more and more about ballet and we've decided to let her take a few classes at the ballet school this summer. That means...ballet gear. Liza took her on a little date today and these pictures include all of the results. She did not let the bag out of her hand from the store home, put on everything immediately upon arrival, and has not taken them off since - even through a nap. It's been much fun to watch her excitement.

Liza is doing about the same. The headaches are still here and she's only had those two days of reprieves. We've been trying to get her more rest but it would seem that other forces are not cooperating. We plan to keep our neurologist appointment on Wednesday morning and still hope to get some medication that helps.

I have started going into the church office and working on my thesis for a good amount of hours the past couple of weeks. It is slow going but I'm getting some stuff done. It has also been "officially" announced that I have accepted a fantastic teaching position at our church, Faith Bible Church. It is a full-time position that I will tackle as I finish the last few classes, and thesis, for my Masters of Theology from Dallas Seminary. Starting in late August I will be teaching in one of the Sunday morning services at our church every week. I have been given the freedom to be creative as I use the gifts our gracious Lord has given. I am terribly excited.

Andrew is also doing very well. His fourth birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and mom has been busy planning a great celebration for him. He is becoming quite the little boy. We've been enjoying local swimming pools and the summer sun the past few weeks. Next week the family will join me on my first away speaking engagement of the summer - a camp just north of us about an hour. That should be a whole lot of fun for us all.

More after Liza's appointment.

2 comments:

M & M said...

Izzy looks JUST LIKE Liza! Incredible.

Janine C said...

Congratulations Scot, what a wonderful job and right at home. God always has a plan and his plans are always the best. He is blessing you and rewarding you for faithfulness. I know the study is not over yet but Well Done!